Roald Dahl, "Boy" - kolejna konkursowa recenzja :)

Oto przed Wami praca najmłodszego laureata naszego konkursu - Antka Gajewskiego, ucznia klasy 4a :)





 „Boy” by Roald Dahl. Book review.


I love Roald Dahl`s books. I think he is the best children`s writer. „Witches” and „Mathilda” are my favorite books of his. I thought I had read all of them, but one day my mom got me a book by Roald  Dahl called „Boy”.

It is a story about Dahl`s childhood.

I was really curious how his life was, who was his mom and dad and how it all started. And I wasn`t disappointed. As usual, like all Dahl`s books, I couldn`t put it down. And the best part was -it is a real story.

I was amazed how interesting his life was. At the beginning we are learning about little Roald`s parents. His dad had a terrible accident and lost his arm. He was from Norway, h had a French wife, and them he had another wife, who was Roald`s mom. Roald a lot of siblings, and one of my favorite stories was about their magical summertime in Norway. Roald Dahl is an amazing storyteller that makes me the world happy and turns sad stories into funny stories. For example he was telling a story about a scarly ladyfrom a sweet shop, Roald and his friends played a trick on her, and put a dead mouse in a jar for her. It was a big but funny scandal. 

Roald had to go to boardingschool in England. I don`t think he liked it at all, in fact he hated it, but he never lost his sense of humor. And this is what I love about Roald Dahl and his books – his sense of humor, it is like sunshine an a rainy day. Now „Boy” is my favorite, and I recommend it for everyone, not only children. 




Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Baśnie Andersena na znaczkach pocztowych

Zostań ilustratorem baśni Andersena - laureaci konkursu